Friday the 29th of April
The moment that every little girl dreams of has finally happened for Kate Middleton! She can now be called Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge. After months of anticipation, audiences around the world watched as the Royal Wedding took place this morning. Princess Catherine surprised everyone as her royal wedding gown fit for a princess was finally revealed.
The Dress: Many had suspected a more modern gown and a turn from tradition. But the now princess opted for a timeless dress that was simple, elegant and absolutely stunning. Her dress, designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, had a beautiful lace bodice and long lace sleeves with a full skirt. The dress, made of ivory and white satin gazar was covered in a lace applique that was handmade by the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace. Many said the dress was reminiscent of the gown Princess Grace wore on her wedding day in 1956. Although it may have been fun to see her push the envelope a litle bit more it was a wise choice for her to choose something timeless.
The Veil, Crown and Accessories: The veil consisted of layers of ivory silk tulle with an embroidered flower trim. Her veil was held in place by a 1936 Cartier ‘halo’ tiara that was once worn by The Queen mother and presented to the current Queen Elizabeth on her 18th birthday. The diamond drop earrings were designed by Robinson Pelham and given to the bride by her parents as a wedding gift. The princess’s wedding shoes were Alexander McQueen. They were hand-made and consisted of ivory duchesse satin with lace hand-embroidered by the Royal School of Needlework.
The Flowers: Princess Catherine’s bouquet, designed by Shane Connolly, was small and simple, yet lovely. It was made of Lily-of-the-Valley, Sweet William, Hyacinth, Ivy and Myrtle.
The Prince: Prince William, who is commissioned in all three of the British Armed Services, wore a scarlet military uniform with a sash and star signifying his honorary rank of Colonel of the Irish Guards. Source: ABC News Choosing the perfect wedding gown is very exciting, but it can also be a difficult choice to make.
Here are some very important tips on how to choose the dress the right for you:
– Talk to your wedding planner about the best places to find your dress.
– Look through magazines and online to find dresses that you like.
– Choose a dress that is appropriate for the season and the overall feel of your day.
– Be sure to wear the heels that you will actually be wearing on your special day.
– Make sure you go to every dress fitting.
– Select a gown preservation service ahead of time, such as Madame Paulette, to ensure your gown is kept protected.
– Select a dress the helps to express your personal style.
– Choose a dress that makes your feel special and that will “wow” your guests.
– Don’t rush into making the purchase. Make sure you choose the best dress for you.
– Don’t let yourself get stressed. Trying on wedding dresses is not something a girl gets to do every day so just enjoy it and have fun!